John's Blog

Stock Trading journal of a Penny Stock Addict and sometimes Day Trader. Live vicariously through the ups and downs (and a lot of sideways here lately) of a Penny Day Trader. Add me to your favorites, because finding me once is a feat to be proud of, and twice without a link . . . a miracle

Saturday, July 08, 2006

No news is good news I guess. Hopefully next week will be a good week, and I can get this blog rolling on what its really supposed to be about. I just hung out at a coffee shop yesterday, an hour seemed like an eternity, then I found somebody to talk to and the next hour just disappeared. I didn't get anything done, although I did give my name to a life insurance sales job. I don't know how good of a saleman I would make, but I might give it a try.

I met this really interesting guy who dressed like an early christian, and we talked a lot about religion and stuff, he was interesting, but odd in a benign sort of way. He looked like a cross between a jew and a greek peasant. He was more fun to talk to than the rest of the long haired weirdos who frequented the place, we're talking about white guys with dredlocks, etc.

It's really hard in this day and time to find good general conversation, or a place where people will open up and talk about whatever they are interested in without the place falling to the wierdos. I try not to judge people and give them a chance like Jesus says we should, but it's really hard sometimes when they look like they're trying to be a white copy of Jimmy Hendrix, and their obvious interests are drugs and deviant sex. Like do me maan.

Anyway, I'm trying to get out and socialize and try to build a new life after graduation, looks like it will take some time though. I meet more "normal" seeming people at bars, it seems like, one guy offered me $14 an hour to lay bathroom tile, not exactly an intellectual pursuit, but I was tempted. I just can't deal with the hangovers anymore.

Next social experiment in the new town will be going to church. I haven't gone to church regularly in years, thats a big part of my parents social life, and was a big part of my childhood. Maybe I'll fit in and feel like I belong there. Who knows. The stocks will have to take their course, I should probably start a page for stock blogging, and only post to it when I have profits or losses, and make this one my general blog. I'll think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home