John's Blog

Stock Trading journal of a Penny Stock Addict and sometimes Day Trader. Live vicariously through the ups and downs (and a lot of sideways here lately) of a Penny Day Trader. Add me to your favorites, because finding me once is a feat to be proud of, and twice without a link . . . a miracle

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

OK, it's morning, and I finally dragged myself out of bed. I sat up late last night writing stuff on my word processor which I'm going to post here today. I have three places where I have applications in that I need to call, and I need to do the laundry so that I can be ready to travel to several job fairs I have planned for later this week. I hate the uncertainties of the whole job search thing as much as I love the expectation. My Mom is an elementary school teacher, and she revels in pointing out how useless my degree is. I could have graduated a year sooner, and been qualified to teach High School without needing to get special permission, but I wouldn't know half as much about the subject I'll probably be teaching.

I won't sound like a disgruntled holder of a Master's Degree and say that it's a conspiracy to dumb down America that makes education majors with a Bachelor's more employable than subject majors (mine is History) with a Master's, but it is a pretty dumb policy, because I understand ten times more about History now than I did when I graduated with my Bachelor's. But there are thousands of people who don't know jack about it, and majored in PE or something, that are teaching the subject I'm expert in while I work to cut through a ton of red tape to get a job. I don't question the wisdom of our forefathers before 1914 or so, but since then they haven't done such a great job if you ask me. Anyway, I have a ton of real live things to do, and I want to get my trading philosophy stuff posted, so that's it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home